Square Peg, Round Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

financial crisis

4 posters

Go down

financial crisis Empty Re: financial crisis

Post  LampyB Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm

speaking of the financial crisis...anyone else notice that Obama just passed HB1388 the other day? We'll be giving $20M in taxpayer dollars to immigrate Hamas refugees to the USA. I just have to say what the fuck. We're in a dire budget crisis, yet we can afford to just give away $20M to bring them to the United States and then provide them with housing and food subsidies??? Then what happens when they need to go to the hospital, or have a premature baby that needs to be in the NICU for several months...there's a no turn down policy, so that 24 week old newborn will officially become a $1M baby whose bill is footed by the taxpayer. I can think of 100 better ways to spend this money on bettering the life of American citizens in need rather than giving it to citizens of a foreign country.

Some may say "well it's only $20M in the grand scheme of things". I don't care though, $20M here and $20M there and so on eventually adds up to hundreds of millions of dollars....

/end rant.

LampyB

Back to top Go down

Post  henrybemis Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:36 pm

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43392976

"The full faith and credit of the United States is the underpinning not only of our way of life, it's also the underpinning of a global financial system."

does this guy really not understand, or is he just playing dumb to make others dumber?

greece = ccc (triple downgrade)
usa = worse shape financially than greece

looks like our way of life and global financial system are in for some rough times. beat the drums of fear...

henrybemis

Back to top Go down

Post  henrybemis Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

oh and after you look at that link and see that the US is in worse shape financially that greece, check out this line:

Meanwhile, Standard & Poor's cut Greece's credit ratings by three notches, saying the nation is increasingly likely to restructure its debt in a way the ratings agency would consider a default. Greece is now the country with the lowest credit rating in the world.

uh oh...

henrybemis

Back to top Go down

Post  henrybemis Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I demand to know who this new person is who agrees with what we consider the obvious! Smile

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43378973

henrybemis

Back to top Go down

Post  dfhoon Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm

The bandaids are not working anymore. Problems have continued to grow since 2008 and will leave billions worldwide even less prepared than before when the rug is pulled out from under them. US has broken the debt ceiling, Greece can't handle terms to stay in the Eurozone and low income workers worldwide are refusing to continue working for dictators and imperialists. Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Italy will follow Greece out of the Euro because they too lack the infrastructure needed operate efficiently and productively. Once the Euro fails, who's gonna still love Uncle Buck? Oil exporters will demand gold or perhaps Yuan, as China is en route to becoming the largest economy and is the only one sustaining GDP growth above inflation. GDP growth is a stat entirely determined by central banks. As long as inflation in excess of negative GDP is created, nominal GDP growth can be claimed. Welcome to the USA, which has been in a recession for over 9 years.

The best news outlets online are: http://thedailybell.com/ infowars.com http://seekingalpha.com/author/danny-furman/articles Smile http://www.theburningplatform.com/ zerohedge.com

Great forum here, keep it up!

dfhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mnesarch Tue May 31, 2011 12:15 pm

This is pretty light on the facts. Most crises are the result of a bubble, and if there is a bubble there has to be some evidence of over-extension. I know derivatives are scary now but they are not necessarily always a bad thing. Before everyone could tell the Home Loans that supported the entire system were rotten, I'm not sure there are enough of those remaining out there to cause a catastrophe like the one we had before...I'm sure there are still problems, but I don't think we'll have like we had before, and I can guarantee banks have not been lending like they used to prior to the 2008 debacle.

Mnesarch

Back to top Go down

financial crisis Empty financial crisis

Post  henrybemis Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am

henrybemis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum